Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when my alarm goes off?
-A&A can call the home phone first. If the phone is answered the customer will have to provide a personal identification code to cancel the alarm. If there is no answer A&A can then call the people you placed on your emergency contact list including law enforcement authorities.
What if I have pets indoors?
- Your motion detector is pet immune up to 50lbs. Active cats may still cause an issues. However, each circumstance is different and your sales representative or install technician will discuss your specific situation while in your home.
What if the power goes out?
- Each system has a battery backup included. If your power goes out the battery will last approximately 6 hours. When the power comes back on the battery will automatically be recharged.
What if I do not have a standard phone line in my home?
- Cell Guard is available for each customer who does not have a phone line. There is a slight increase in monthly cost for the service.
Do I need all of my windows protected with door/window sensors?
- No, you do not NEED all of them protected. Motion detectors will pick up any intruder once they enter through the window.
Is there a contract and what are the terms?
- Yes. The contract is 24 months for all residents of California. After 24 months the contract is a month to month term.
What will happen if I move?
- You can have new equipment put into your new location and sign a new contract to not pay cancellation fees while under contract. (Certain restrictions may apply.)
Can I have my existing security system monitored?
- Yes. Some systems might need a new control panel but the cost of that is included in the initial $99 installation fee. You cannot be under contract with any other company.
What if I am currently under contract with another company?
- We will NEVER ask you to cancel any contract with another company. If you choose to cancel because you are unhappy with another company we can then help protect your home. However, you may be subject to cancellation fees from your prior monitoring company.
How quickly will my system be installed?
- Most alarm systems are installed 3 days after you sign your agreement. Weekend installs are available as well.
Copyright © 2020 A&A Security Services All rights reserved